Select Home Warranty is one of the leading home warranty companies in the U.S., offering service contracts that cover the repair or replacement of major appliances and systems in your home. If you are a customer of Select Home Warranty, you can access and manage your account online through their website.
In this article, we will explain how to log in to your Select Home Warranty account, what you can do with your account, and how to troubleshoot some common login issues.
How to Log In to Your Select Home Warranty Account
To log in to your Select Home Warranty account, you need to have an email address and a password that you created when you signed up for the service contract. If you don’t have an account yet, you can create one by clicking on the “Create Account” button on the login page.
To log in to your account, follow these steps:
- Go to the Select Home Warranty website and click on the “Homeowners” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Login” button at the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your email address and password in the fields provided and click on the “Login” button again.
- You should now be able to access your account dashboard, where you can view and manage your service contract details, request service, renew your warranty, and more.
What You Can Do With Your Select Home Warranty Account
Once you log in to your Select Home Warranty account, you can use it to do various things related to your service contract, such as:
- Request service: You can submit a claim online anytime if one of your covered appliances or systems breaks down. You can also track the status of your service request, view your service history, and rate your service experience.
- Renew warranty: You can renew your service contract online before it expires to continue enjoying the benefits of home warranty coverage. You can also change your plan or add optional coverage if you wish.
- Update profile: You can update your personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, and password. You can also change your communication preferences and payment methods.
- View documents: You can view and download your service contract documents, such as your terms and conditions, coverage summary, invoice, and confirmation letter.
How to Troubleshoot Some Common Login Issues
Sometimes, you may encounter some issues when trying to log in to your Select Home Warranty account. Here are some tips on how to resolve some common login problems:
- Forgot password: If you forget your password, you can reset it by clicking on the “Forgot Password?” link on the login page. You will need to enter your email address and follow the instructions sent to your email to create a new password.
- Invalid email or password: If you enter an incorrect email address or password, you will see an error message on the login page. Make sure that you enter your email address and password exactly as they are registered with Select Home Warranty. Check for any typos or caps lock errors. If you still can’t log in, try resetting your password as described above.
- Website error: If you see an error message on the website or the website is not loading properly, it may be due to a technical issue or a maintenance update. Try refreshing the page or clearing your browser cache and cookies. You can also try using a different browser or device. If the problem persists, contact Select Home Warranty customer service for assistance.
Select Home Warranty login is a convenient way for customers to access and manage their service contracts online. By logging in to their accounts, customers can request service, renew their warranties, update their profiles, view their documents, and more. Customers can also troubleshoot some common login issues by following some simple tips. If you are a customer of Select Home Warranty, you should take advantage of their online account features to make the most of your home warranty coverage.
Select Home Warranty offers service contracts which are not warranties. See policy for specifics on response times. Select Home Warranty reserves the right to offer cash back in lieu of repair or replacement in the amount of Select Home Warranty’s actual cost (which at times may be less than retail) to repair or replace any covered system, component or appliance. Terms may vary in different states.