Homeowners know that unexpected repairs and replacements of home systems and appliances can be costly and stressful. That’s why many people opt for a home warranty, a service contract that covers the costs of repairing or replacing covered items in case of breakdowns due to normal wear and tear. A home warranty can save homeowners money, time, and hassle by providing access to qualified service technicians who can fix the problem quickly and efficiently.
One of the home warranty providers in the market is ibex home warranty, a Utah-based company that was established in 2017. Ibex home warranty offers one plan that covers six major home systems: appliances, electrical, central air conditioning, forced-air furnace, interior plumbing, and an attached garage door. In this article, we will review the features, benefits, costs, and limitations of ibex home warranty and compare it with other providers in the industry.
What Does Ibex Home Warranty Cover?
Ibex home warranty has one plan that covers the following items:
- Appliances: refrigerator, oven/range/cooktop, dishwasher, built-in microwave, garbage disposal, trash compactor
- Electrical: main breaker panel/box, wiring, outlets/switches
- Central Air Conditioning: compressor unit, condenser unit, evaporator coil
- Forced-Air Furnace: heat exchanger unit, blower motor/fan
- Interior Plumbing: water heater (gas or electric), water lines/valves/fittings/faucets
- Attached Garage Door: motor unit, track assembly
The plan covers failures, malfunctions, and normal wear and tear of these items during the warranty period. However, there are some exclusions and limitations that apply. For example, ibex home warranty does not cover:
- Items that are not in good working order at the start of the warranty period
- Items that are damaged due to misuse, abuse, neglect, vandalism, fire, flood, earthquake, or other natural disasters
- Items that are modified or altered from their original design or function
- Items that are subject to manufacturer’s recall or class action lawsuit
- Items that require upgrades or code compliance
- Items that are covered by another warranty or insurance policy
For a full list of exclusions and limitations, please refer to the ibex home warranty contract.
How Much Does Ibex Home Warranty Cost?
Ibex home warranty charges $600 annually for a single-family home less than 5,000 square feet. If your home is over 5,000 square feet, you need to contact the company for a customized quote. In addition to the annual premium, you also need to pay a service fee or copay every time you request a service. The service fee varies depending on when the service is performed:
- $65 for service during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 8 am – 5 pm)
- $130 for service after hours, weekends, or holidays
The service fee is non-refundable, even if the claim is denied or falls outside the coverage. Only an authorized and approved ibex contractor can determine the coverage.
If you want to cancel your warranty, you need to pay a cancellation fee of $200 plus a prorated fee based on the time elapsed in the warranty year. You may want to cancel your warranty if you are moving out of your home or if you are not satisfied with the service.
How Does Ibex Home Warranty Work?
If you have an ibex home warranty and you experience a problem with a covered item, you need to follow these steps:
- Contact ibex home warranty as soon as possible by calling their 24/7 phone line or submitting an online repair request.
- Pay the applicable service fee by credit card over the phone or online.
- Wait for ibex home warranty to assign an authorized and approved contractor to your claim.
- Schedule an appointment with the contractor at your convenience.
- Allow the contractor to diagnose and repair or replace the item as per the contract terms.
- Sign a completion form to confirm that the service was satisfactory.
If you have any questions or concerns about your claim or service, you can contact ibex home warranty’s customer service team by phone or email.
How Does Ibex Home Warranty Compare with Other Providers?
Ibex home warranty is one of the many providers in the home warranty industry. To help you decide if it is the right choice for you, we will compare it with some of the top-rated providers in terms of coverage, cost, customer service, and reputation.
Ibex home warranty offers one plan that covers six major home systems. This is similar to some providers like Choice Home Warranty and American Home Shield that offer basic plans that cover essential items. However, other providers like Select Home Warranty and First American Home Warranty offer more comprehensive plans that cover additional items like pools, spas, septic systems, and roof leaks. Some providers also offer optional add-ons that allow you to customize your coverage according to your needs.
Ibex home warranty charges $600 annually for a single-family home less than 5,000 square feet, which is within the industry average of $300-$600 per year. However, its service fee ranges from $65 to $130 depending on when the service is performed, which is higher than some providers that charge a flat fee of $60-$75. Its cancellation fee of $200 is also higher than some providers that charge $50-$75.
Ibex home warranty claims to provide fast and friendly service to its customers. It has a 24/7 phone line and an online repair request tool for convenience. It also has a wide social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube, where it posts updates, tips, and testimonials. However, it has very few customer reviews on other platforms like Google, Yelp, or Trustpilot. It has only 11 reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website, where it holds an A+ rating and accreditation. Most of the reviews are positive, praising the company’s responsiveness, professionalism, and quality of work. However, some customers complained about delays, denials, and poor communication.
Ibex home warranty is a relatively new company in the market, having been established in 2017. It is based in Utah and only serves customers in that state. It has not received any awards or recognition from industry associations or publications. It has also not been featured or mentioned in any major media outlets or blogs. However, it has received some positive feedback from local realtors and homeowners who have used its service.
Ibex home warranty is a home warranty provider that offers one plan that covers six major home systems for $600 annually. It has some advantages such as a 24/7 phone line, an online repair request tool, a wide social media presence, and a BBB accreditation and rating of A+. However, it also has some drawbacks such as a high service fee and cancellation fee, a limited coverage area and scope, and a lack of customer reviews and reputation. Therefore, before you choose ibex home warranty as your provider, you should compare it with other providers in the industry and weigh the pros and cons according to your needs and preferences.