Homeowners who want to protect their home systems and appliances from unexpected breakdowns and costly repairs may consider purchasing a home warranty. A home warranty is a service contract that covers the repair or replacement of certain items in your home that fail due to normal wear and tear, such as heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical, and kitchen appliances. A home warranty can save you money and hassle by providing you with access to a network of qualified service contractors and a 24/7 customer support team.
One of the companies that offer home warranty plans is 210 Home Buyers Warranty (2-10 HBW). 2-10 HBW is a leading provider of home warranty products in the United States, serving more than 6 million homeowners and 10,000 real estate professionals since 1980. In this article, we will review 2-10 HBW’s plans, prices, coverage, benefits, and drawbacks, based on the information available on their website and online reviews.
What are the Plans and Prices of 2-10 HBW?
2-10 HBW offers three main plans for homeowners: Simply Kitchen, Complete Home, and Pinnacle Home. Each plan covers different items and has different prices. Here is a summary of the plans and prices of 2-10 HBW:
|Plan||Price per Month||Service Fee||Covered Items|
|Simply Kitchen||$22||$85-$125||Refrigerator with ice maker, built-in microwave oven, dishwasher, oven/range/cooktop, garbage disposal|
|Complete Home||$44||$85-$125||All items in Simply Kitchen plus heating system, air conditioning system, plumbing system, electrical system, washer, dryer|
|Pinnacle Home||$54||$85-$125||All items in Complete Home plus Supreme coverage (increases the limit of liability for certain items)|
The prices above are based on a sample quote for a single-family home in Colorado. The prices may vary depending on your location, home size, and selected service fee. The service fee is the amount you pay for each service call when you request a repair or replacement. You can choose between $85, $100, or $125 for your service fee. The higher the service fee, the lower the monthly premium.
In addition to the main plans, 2-10 HBW also offers optional coverage for additional items that are not included in the standard plans. These items include septic system, well pump, pool/spa equipment, roof leak repair, stand-alone freezer, water softener, central vacuum system, and more. The optional coverage requires an additional fee that varies depending on the item.
What are the Coverage Details of 2-10 HBW?
Before you sign up for a 2-10 HBW plan, you should read their user agreement carefully and understand the terms and conditions, limitations, and exclusions of their coverage. Here are some of the important points to note:
- 2-10 HBW will cover the repair or replacement of covered items that fail due to normal wear and tear during the term of the service agreement.
- 2-10 HBW will not cover items that are not in good working order at the start of the service agreement or that fail due to improper installation, maintenance, or misuse.
- 2-10 HBW will not cover items that are subject to manufacturer’s recall or warranty or that are covered by another insurance or service contract.
- 2-10 HBW will not cover cosmetic defects or damages caused by natural disasters, pests, vandalism, theft, or power failures.
- 2-10 HBW will not cover any costs associated with permits, code violations, upgrades, modifications, or disposal of old items.
- 2-10 HBW will not cover any incidental or consequential damages resulting from the failure of covered items or from the delay or failure of service.
- 2-10 HBW has limits of liability for certain items that specify the maximum amount they will pay for repair or replacement. For example, the limit for heating and cooling systems is $1,500 per contract term.
- 2-10 HBW reserves the right to offer cash back in lieu of repair or replacement in the amount of their actual cost (which may be less than retail) to repair or replace any covered item.
- 2-10 HBW has a cancellation policy that allows you to cancel your service agreement within 30 days of purchase for a full refund minus a $50 administrative fee. After 30 days, you can cancel your service agreement for a pro-rated refund minus a $50 administrative fee and any service costs incurred by 2-10 HBW.
What are the Benefits and Drawbacks of 2-10 HBW?
As with any home warranty company, there are pros and cons to choosing 2-10 HBW as your service provider. Here are some of the benefits and drawbacks of 2-10 HBW:
- 2-10 HBW has a long history and reputation in the home warranty industry, with more than 40 years of experience and millions of customers served.
- 2-10 HBW has a large network of more than 6,000 authorized, independent service contractors who are screened and monitored by 2-10 HBW for quality and performance.
- 2-10 HBW has a 24/7 customer support team that is available to assist you with your service requests, questions, and concerns.
- 2-10 HBW has a variety of plans and options to suit your needs and budget, from basic kitchen appliance coverage to comprehensive system and appliance coverage with Supreme protection.
- 2-10 HBW has thousands of positive reviews and ratings from satisfied customers who praise their service, responsiveness, and professionalism.
- 2-10 HBW has many negative reviews and complaints from unhappy customers who report issues with their claims process, cash payouts, fees, contractors, and customer service.
- 2-10 HBW has many exclusions and limitations in their coverage that may leave you with unexpected expenses or denied claims for certain items or situations.
- 2-10 HBW has been sued by several state authorities for violating consumer protection laws and engaging in deceptive business practices. They have agreed to pay fines and change their business practices to settle the lawsuits.
2-10 HBW is a company that offers home warranty plans for homeowners who want to protect their home systems and appliances from unexpected breakdowns and costly repairs. They have a long history and reputation in the home warranty industry, a large network of qualified service contractors, a 24/7 customer support team, and a variety of plans and options to choose from. However, they also have many negative reviews and complaints from customers who have experienced problems with their claims process, cash payouts, fees, contractors, and customer service. They also have many exclusions and limitations in their coverage that may leave you with unexpected expenses or denied claims. They have also been sued by state authorities for violating consumer protection laws and engaging in deceptive business practices.
Therefore, before you sign up for a 2-10 HBW plan, you should do your research and compare their plans, prices, and reviews with other home warranty companies. You should also read their user agreement carefully and understand the terms and conditions, limitations, and exclusions of their coverage. You should also be prepared to deal with potential issues and disputes with 2-10 HBW customer service if you encounter any problems with your service contract.